This past weekend the Lady Vikings Track Team competed at St. Andrews and the 2018 SAS Relays. Despite the questionable weather, several girls achieved personal bests and performed well against stiff competition.
Some highlights of the meet included:
- Ivrael Wardy recording a PR in the 400m- coming in a close second place after being edged out by a cavalier from Lake Travis. Ivy also placed 3rd in the 200m dash despite running through intense rain.
- De’jha King recording a 2nd place finish in the Long Jump and 5th in the Triple Jump.
- The Varsity Girls 4x400m Relay of A’tayvia Wardy, Giselle Ramirez, Jasmine Riley and Ivrael Wardy continuing to best their time and run incredibly well- coming in 3rd place in a close race just behind Akins and Lake Travis.
- The Varsity Girls 4x100m Relay of A’tayvia Wardy, Giselle Ramirez, Jasmine Riley and De’jha King placing 4th and besting their previous time by over two seconds.
- The JV Girls 4x100m Relay of Tajahnique Gillespie, Aravein Sauls, Rut Valladares and Tajahnae Gillespie continuing to run strong and placing 4th overall in a tough field.
- Personal Best times from distance runners Mayra Figueroa, who hardily beat her previous PR in the mile and Jenny Aguilar, who was an amazing contributor to the 4×2 and 4×4 relays.
Below is a photo of Ivy Wardy at the meet, who had several stand out performances and represented the Lady Vikings not only with excellence in her running but with her sportsmanship and upbeat attitude. Feel free to check out the entire gallery from the meet at the athletics website here.