The Lady Viking Track & Field team held strong against tough competition and questionable weather at the Bastrop Bear Relays this past Saturday. For the second straight week, the Lady Viks improved times and showed that they can compete at an elite level- this time with the top schools in our area.
Some highlights included:
- Ivrael Wardy taking home medals in every event- including individual medals for 3rd place in the open 400m and 5th place in the open 200m.
- The Varsity 4x200m relay team of Jasmine Riley, Giselle Ramirez, A’tayvia Wardy and De’jha King taking home 5th place.
- The Varsity 4x400m relay team of A’tayvia Wardy, Giselle Ramirez, De’jha King and Ivrael Wardy taking home another strong 5th place finish- taking 10 seconds off their time from last week and posting the top 4x400m relay time in our district so far this year.
- The JV 4x200m relay team of Tajahnique Gillespie, Lucky Pyne, Rut Valladares and Tajahnae Gillespie posting a varsity-level time to take home 2nd place.
- Several individual PR’s in open events.
You can see the full picture gallery from the meet here.
The Vikings will continue their season this Saturday, March 3rd at St. Andrew’s High School off of Southwest Parkway. It is a lovely meet and we encourage you to come out and cheer on the Viks!