The Lady Viking Track & Field team traveled to St. Mary’s Hall for an All-Relay Meet to kick off the 2018 season. We ran a limited number of events but had great success in those we competed in. Nearly all of the small group that traveled placed at the meet- no small feat against incredibly tough competition from San Antonio area schools.
Some highlights of the meet included:
- The JV girls 4×200 relay of Tajahnique Gillespie, Rut Valladares, Tajahnae Gillespie and Lucky Pyne blowing away the competition for a dominating first place finish (even with slight wardrobe challenges).
- The Varsity 4x400m relay- made up of Jasmine Riley, Giselle Ramirez, Atayvia Wardy and Ivrael Wardy finishing in 5th place with a stellar opening season time.
- The JV girls 4x100m relay of Tajahnique Gillespie, Araevin Sauls, Rut Valladares and Tajahnae Gillespie finishing 4th in a photo-finish.
- The JV distance medley relay of Jenny Aguilar (1200m split), Tajahnique Gillespie (400m split), Rut Valladares (800m split) and Mayra Figueroa (1600m split) combining for a solid 6th place finish.
- Walt’nei’sha Bryant and June McShan combining for a 3rd place finish in the shotput.
Please feel free to check out the photo gallery from the meet at the athletics website here.