The Lanier Girls and Boys Track Teams competed at the South Austin Relays hosted by Bowie High School this past Thursday. Despite being up against strong 6A competition, there were several highlights of Lanier student-athletes which are listed below, and many more personal bests achieved that may not be listed.
The Vikings will be split this week, with some athletes competing at Texas Relays on Friday-Saturday and others at the A.I.S.D. Relays on Friday April 1st.
- The 4×100 team of Tydell Wardy, Jaron Stewart, Matthew King and Roderick Ellison placed 3rd overall with a strong finishing leg.
- Jaron Stewart placed 3rd in a photo-finish 100 with a PR of 10.84, 4th in his debut of the 200, and 5th in the High Jump on a windy and tough day for competition.
- The 4×100 team of Zylann Wallace, Kadasia Duirden, Alize Norwood and Nakia Archer placed 6th overall, showing that injuries wont bring them down!
- The 4×200 team of Bria Darby, Alize Norwood, Zylann Wallace and Kadasia Duirden finished in 6th place, outpacing many district opponents.
- Shyheim White ran a time of 11.17 to come in 3rd place in the JV boys 100m dash.
- DJ Swist debuted in the Triple Jump with and placed 5th with a jump of 39-1.5
- The 4×400 team of Kahindo Musongira, Grace Bennie, Atavyia Wardy and Aniah Edwards beat out all district competitors and finished in 6th place.
- Jasmine Riley and Kastazia Thomas tied for 3rd place overall in the 100m Dash with a time of 13.12
- Kastazia Thomas placed 3rd in the 200m Dash, with Aniah Edwards finishing just outside the medals with an excellent run.
- Ivana Henry finished 3rd in the Triple Jump with an outstanding effort of 32-3.5
Full Results can be found HERE.